TL;DR: Hacked, numerous accounts stolen, no option for deleting personal info including credit card details.Do you need any other reason for stopping using their services?

I don't. Now the story. I cancelled my subscription about 2 years ago. I didn't look for removing my account as I thought that maybe I'll restore the subscription.

Time passed until yesterday they sent me email with the following text: "We recently became aware that an unauthorized third party breached a database that included some of your Lynda​.com learning data, such as contact information and courses viewed. We are informing you of this issue out of an abundance of caution. Please know that we have no evidence that this data included your password. And while we have no evidence that your specific account was accessed or that any data has been made publicly available, ​we wanted to notify you as a precautionary measure.

If you have questions, we encourage you to contact us through our Support Center." In short: they say that some details are stolen, and they don't know which and whom exactly. Ok, thanks! So with such a lack of details I also want to take a precautionary measure. I want to delete my credit card information - and there is no option for this!

And what about deleting the whole account? Guess: no option for this either. So they think that password is the most sensitive information? I have different password for every service.

My sensitive information is my payment credentials. And they don't permit to remove them!

Amazon does.They don't.

This person wrote the review because of return, exchange or cancellation policy of lynda account from Lynda. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Lynda to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lynda for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Lynda?

Comments

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland #1258803

And just a day before this message arrived, my bank has contacted me regarding a suspicious debit card transaction that someone attempted to make in Australia. I live in Europe and never been in Australia. I’m suspicious that the card details were stolen from Lynda.

Jamestown, Pennsylvania, United States #1258801

I agree wholeheartedly!Having the same problem.

Companies like this are simply allowed to hold hostage personal account info and payment details and are praised by online business critics as "the next best online learning tool". It bleeds distrust and back room strongarm business tactics and I, personally wouldn't recommend using this service at all since there exists a plethora of entirely free and user-anonymous video tutorials all over the internet for pretty much anything and everything.

At any rate, I emailed CS and demanded deletion of my cc info and threatened a lawyer.Hopefully that works...